Monday, November 27, 2006

ANOTHER blog?

Believe it or not, I actually have many fans abroad (think: army of one) who have asked me to give them a chance to keep track of my life and admire my awesome writing skills. So. This blog will pretty much be what Roleplaying is so Gay isn't: In english, and about the stuff in my life that isn't movies and TV - i.e. The Other Stuff. If you're one of my swedish readers, and as uncomfortable reading my english as I am with the idea that you are, in fact, reading my english - don't worry about it, just go back to reading the old blog, ok? Otherwise, continue at your own peril.

Now that I have my shiny new international blog, I don't really know what to do with it. Maybe I'll start by writing the list thing I first saw in Ania's blog (love you, baby), and have then followed in Malin's and Johan's? Unless I'm stupid (which may well be the case) the idea is to write a hundred sentences with random facts about myself. Here goes:

1. When I was a kid (around age 5) I was so disappointed with the fact that there were no cute baby stories about me that I made up ones that were obviously fake...
2. ... Though in hindsight I should have just stuck to the true ones, for instance that I was obsessed with Wagner and sat through entire 3 hour operas on TV, completely mesmerized when I was... 4, 5? I'm not sure (Mom would know).
3. Kissed a boy for the first time when I was six
4. ...that same boy passed away a few years ago, by suicide (no cheap jokes for that one).
5. Knew the lyrics for Eternal Flame by the Bangles by heart when I was eleven and thought it was the most awesomest song ever.
6. I wish I could say that Diamonds and Pearls by Prince was the first album I ever owned (and I did own and love it)...
7. But really it was the soundtrack to Cocktail...
8. Which my sister talked me into buying before I had even seen the movie.
9. Other early musical influences included The Housemartins...
10. C+C Music Factory...
11. And The Mamas & the Papas.
12. When I was eight I wanted to be a landscape architect...
13. But by age thirteen I changed my mind to fashion designer...
14. Which at fifteen turned into comic book artist...
15. Or possibly film director.
16. Right now my dream is to live off my writing and my music (How Ross)...
17. Though I'm settling for "whatever gives some kind of income, preferably while not crushing my soul completely".
18. My sights have sadly been lowered steadily since the age of twenty one.
19. My longest relationship so far lasted for five years...
20. Though I'm currently almost two years into one that I hope will last much longer...
21. ...a statement not meant to reflect poorly on my ex, who happens to be a lovely person.
22. Instant-message conversations with certain canadian film geeks and blogging had me so wrapped up I actually FORGOT about the half eaten piece of left over cake from yesterday's birthday bash for more than an hour...
23. Which after that discovery took me all of twenty seconds to gobble up
24. I've been playing guitar for sixteen years
25. Although, admittedly, quite badly during at least the first seven
26. I am a seriously accomplished solitaire player
27. ...But lousy at chess
28. I have never been good at any kind of sport in my life
29. Unless dancing counts - and not just the anyone-can-do-it modern ones - this girl waltzes, baby!
30. My not-so-secret fear is that I won't be anything when I grow up.

30 facts, that'll do for now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah peer presure rules again. I don't know how many poor souls i've ruined with just the right push, but if one more spirals away then i've done my job. lovely first english blog. your writing is spot on. hope to see more to come. M.

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you were 3 when we watched the Wagner Ring on TV, as the reason you were home was that you were too young to go to the theatre and see "Over the Rainbow" (Or The Never-ending Story, can't remember, I obviously didn't go either) with your older siblings. At about the same time you volunteered to join me listening to Mozart on the radio (though classical music was actually not the big thing in our home) and was equally mesmerized by Twisted Sisters' "We're not gonna take it" on TV - this was the age when rock videos on TV was a novelty.
(I'll refrain from more cute stories - they do exist, but this one you asked for!)

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home