Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The list continues...

31. I was raised in a christian home (swedish protesthant, which is pretty much the same thing as anglican)
32. Stormed out on my faith and into atheism in a huff when I was nineteen
33. but have since then comfortably settled into a wishy-washy agnosticism
34. I used to get popcorn cravings on a regular basis
35. Nowadays I get Pizza Hut-pizza cravings instead
36. I have an obsession with being Well Read
37. But have so far to make it through A Portrait of A Lady (not for lack of trying)
38. Or any russian novel for that matter
39. I'm the third child out of a batch of five
40. And spent my childhood dreaming up a somewhat nazi-esque theory of different "kinds" of families to explain the fact that me and my siblings were all weirdos, and the popular kids' siblings were all popular
41. I spent a lot more time on that theory (and other similar ones) than in hindsight seems entirely healthy
42. At 26, I am still suspicious of people who say high school was great
43. I never learnt to speak another language fluently
44. Except English, which doesn't really count as "another language" in anglified Sweden
45. Although I can read a tiny bit of spanish and french
46. ...a fact I take a disporportionate amount of pride in
47. I wrote my first song when I was six
48. It consisted of 24 notes all in all and was about 30 seconds long.
49. Also it did not have lyrics
50. I have an irrational fear of calling people I don't know on the phone
51. Which have caused med a lot more trouble than you would like to think with the authorities
52. and is one of many reasons the internet has simplified my life.
53. I've never had a nick name that really stuck
54. Though valiant efforts have been made to call me Tea, T-rex, T-dawg, Axner, Tess, Tessan and many other names, my favorite being dad's Terroresa
55. Actually, some people call me Tea to this day, but it still takes me a second to remember that it's me they're talking to
53. Which for a nick name that's been around for over ten years, is not a great success rate
54. I'm good at making lavish deserts
55. But never seem to have the energy to cook actual normal food
56. Which isn't a big problem right now since I - because of the ridiculous housing situation in Stockholm - live with my boyfriend and his parents
57. ...and his two brothers
58. ...And his younger brother's girlfriend
59. A living situation which is surprisingly cozy
60. I chose to not really drink much before I was 18 (the legal limit in Sweden)
61. Which had more to do with control issues...
62. ...Including not being able to stand the idea of sucking up to older guys to get them to buy alcohol for me
63. ...Than being a good girl
64. Also it gave me the opportunity to be condescending to my peers...
65. which was a favourite pastime when i was a teenager
66. I harbour a seething animosity towards advertizing buzz words and "new media" hype
67. Especially assholes making money off of bullshit "seminars" with no substance
68. Which might have something to do with the fact that I recently graduated from a "school of new media" that forced me to sit through more than one of those seminars.
69. Today my boyfriend is FINALLY coming home from his work trip to the end of the world (also known as Borås) which will hopefully be celebrated by gorging on Lost and studio 60 episodes
70. I get to live with my TV geekdom soulmate (who is also very cute)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah living in the past. That's what's lifes all about. I get emails to this day (ten years since my grad) that bring up old times parties and other crap. But hey at least you don't have day dreams of going back and time and talking to yourself that's just madness. M.

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home